Coming Soon: HiveManager Shortcuts Powered By Amazon Alexa Integration
One of the most significant challenges of being in IT is the network is always running. Even after business hours are over (if your business isn’t open 24/7), emails are still flowing, IoT devices are still in operation, CRM tools are still receiving data, and everything has to work. IT is a 24/7 operation in 2018.
For Wi-Fi administrators and system administrators, network management tasks are typically performed via a browser-driven network management system that is accessed from a traditional computer. However, enterprise networks these days are complex and distributed across different locations.
In 2018, IT departments can really use an extra pair of hands.
HiveManager with Amazon Alexa
As mentioned in our press release, Aerohive is going to be providing a new way to manage your network. Today’s IT teams need help, and we’re going to be giving them a voice-driven interface to our network management system. Aerohive has pioneered AI-enabled cloud networking by integrating HiveManager with Amazon’s Alexa Virtual Assistant. The result is the AI-driven HiveManager, which provides IT a virtual assistant for their network administration tasks. Watch the video to see it in action:
We are entering a new era of network management with an AI-driven HiveManager. No longer will you have to log into your NMS from your smartphone when someone messages you about network issues. You can just ask Alexa! If you have a habit of checking in on your network every morning when you wake up, you can now do that while you’re brushing your teeth. If you like to check on your Wi-Fi network before you head home for the day, ask Alexa! HiveManager with Amazon Alexa is always going to be there to help!
What Can HiveManager with Amazon Alexa do?
To utilize the AI-driven Aerohive HiveManager Shortcuts skill, you will need an Amazon Alexa-enabled device or the Alexa app on your phone. You’ll then pair and authenticate your HiveManager to execute a growing number of commands.
The initial release of the Aerohive HiveManager Shortcuts skill supports 100+ “specific requests,” such as “have any Clients failed to authenticate to the network in the last hour and if so provide a list to me,” along with 15 “multi-step” conversations. Here are a few examples:
- Were there any configuration changes to the network since I last logged in?
- Were there any new infrastructure devices added to the network since I last logged in?
- Have any infrastructure devices been taken offline since I last logged in and if so when?
- Have any infrastructure devices rebooted since I last logged in and if so when?
- Have any Clients failed to authenticate to the network in the last hour and if so provide a list to me?
- Are there any Clients with Poor Health on the network at this time and if so provide a list to me?
- How is my network doing compared to others of similar size and configuration with respect to bandwidth usage?
- How is my network doing compared to others of similar size and configuration with respect to Client Health?
- What are the hostnames of the top 5 busiest Clients and their usage summary?
- What are the Top 5 applications being used on the network and the bandwidth each of them has consumed in the last hour?
IT Admin: Alexa does Erik Miller have a device connected to the network?
Alexa: Erik Miller has a Windows 10 device connected to the network on SSID ABCCorp
IT Admin: Alexa how much bandwidth has that device consumed in the last hour?
Alexa: Erik’s Windows 10 device consumed 272 megabytes of bandwidth in the last hour
IT Admin: Alexa what AP or APs was Erik’s device connected to in the last hour?
Alexa: Erik’s Window 10 Device was connected to AP119, AP120, and AP132 and all roaming and authentication events were successful
IT Admin: Alexa what was the average RSSI Erik experienced in the last hour?
Alexa: Erik’s Windows 10 device had an average RSSI of -68 over the last hour
IT Admin: Alexa would you say Erik’s network experience in the last hour is as good or better than others on the network
Alexa: All network metrics for Erik’s Windows 10 device show good to excellent health over the last hour
The HiveManager Shortcuts Skill will be released by the end of November and will be available at no additional cost to current HiveManager customers.
We’re just getting started with an AI-driven HiveManager, so stay tuned for a lot more! Are you excited about HiveManager with Amazon Alexa? Let us know on Twitter @Aerohive!