AI and Cloud Technology in Hospitality
During this episode of HiveCast, Matthew FitzGerald joins the show to begin a two-part discussion on cloud and AI, touching on Aerohive’s innovating and leading use of these technologies. Matthew FitzGerald is the Director of Hospitality and MDU Solutions at Aerohive. He has been focused on Wi-Fi and Networking in the Hospitality and MDU Industry, executing everything from design and deployments, to publishing and speaking on technology in this vertical.
Technology has certainly changed during the last decade in the hospitality industry, and Matthew has some exciting information on what that means for the future. During this episode, he will discuss:
- Days of 802.11b and the “g” in 2.4GHz
- Quantum change with 802.11n and the rebirth of 5GHz
- The Mobile Revolution with iPad in 2010
- Netflix and Streaming Content (over the top content) – used to be HBO was enough
- And now IoT, 11ax, VR, AR, deeper Guest connection and more personalized services