Top Five Reasons MSP’s are Choosing Aerohive to Deliver Value Beyond Connectivity for their Customers
Aerohive is excited to be at HITEC this week talking about the impact we are making in the hospitality industry. We know that in the hospitality industry, a fast network connection is the expectation, but it’s also something a lot of companies don’t have experience with, so they turn to a managed service provider. MSPs perform all the tasks that the IT departments perform for other verticals, such as:
- Remote monitoring
- Maintenance (upgrade and troubleshooting)
MSP’s are well positioned to supplement the world’s growing unmanaged IT segment, and offering Managed WLAN services and other IT services. System Integrators in many parts of the world now not only quote and install networks, but also manage them on a daily basis
Aerohive is uniquely set up to enable MSPs to serve their customers while also growing their own businesses. Here are the top five reasons MSP’s are choosing Aerohive to deliver value beyond connectivity for their customers.
1. Speed, Capacity and Global Reach provided by Aerohive Cloud
The Aerohive Cloud allows MSPs to serve all of the customers with the same ease they would serve one. Long done are complicated management systems requiring a person with onsite access (or VPN connection) to monitor and manage the network. With Aerohive’s HiveManager, MSP’s can monitor the local network of their customers from anywhere in the world. They can use tools like Maximum Client Capabilities to assist with troubleshooting.
2. Business Intelligence and Troubleshooting with Network 360 and Client 360
Network 360 leverages Aerohive’s true microservices Cloud architecture and native Machine Learning capability to collect, process, and analyze vast amounts of network and client generated data and then distils it down to consumable and actionable insights for IT. Network 360 tracks the network health and performance using an intuitive time-slider that adjusts for day, week, and month views of the key performance indicators for:
- Devices Health
- Clients Health
- Wi-Fi Health
- Network Health
- Services Health
- Application Health
Client 360 is Aerohive’s monitoring tool that is enhanced by machine learning. It intelligently collates a wealth of data pertaining to client operation, connectivity health, faults, and performance, and presents them in a simple and informative way. In turn, this information can be used to quickly identify problems, resolve network errors, and optimize performance.
Here are some of the things Client 360 can help you diagnose:
- Overall client health– going back in time, was there anything detrimentally affecting the connection health of this client?
- Client Tools > Troubleshoot now– Click this button and HiveManager will analyze all client activity and automatically report any issues.
- IP & MAC address, username, hostname and device type– what are the general properties of this device and how is it connected to the network?
- Location– Where is the client located?
- Signal strength (RSSI) over time– was the signal weak at a certain time?
- Signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) over time– was the SNR too low at a certain time?
- AP connection and roaming history– what AP was my client connected to at any given time, when, why and how often are they roaming?
- Supported Mode– What data rates do the client support?
- Spatial Streams– How many spatial streams does the client support?
- Application Usage– What applications is the person using and how much are they consuming?
- Client Trail– What is the roaming behavior of this device, has there been a problem at any point while roaming? Is it occurring during the association or authentication stage? Is it related to DHCP? Maybe the DNS server? How long does it take for a roam to complete?
- Client Events– An easy-to-understand packet capture analysis of key events.
3. Unlimited Scalability (and flexible integration with APIs)
As your business grows, Aerohive grows with you. Our scalability can handle your 500thcustomer as easy as your 5thcustomer. Because there is no onsite hardware for management at your customers location, you don’t have to plan for growth. If a customer’s operation expands, you can simply install new access points and switches. If your operation expands, we can easily expand with you.
Aerohive also has open APIs, so your customization options are virtually unlimited. Our API allows customers and partners to create solutions for the management, monitoring, and provisioning of any Aerohive environment.
4. Smart Technology for the Smart Traveler (AI and ML)
The habits of travelers are changing rapidly. They are bringing in more devices and doing more with the ones they have. They are no longer concerned with the number of TV channels, but rather which streaming services they get access to while they are catching up on email. By leveraging our AI and machine learning platforms, MSPs will be one step ahead of what their customers and their guests are needing the network to do.
5. Multi-Tenancy Control and Management for MSP
Because our platforms have been built with MSPs in mind, we have role-based functions that allow administrators, operations, and viewer-only functionality. We have also built Hierarchical HiveManager (HHM) to allow MSPs to have multiple customers under a single unit, but only provide access to the data that each customer is supposed to see.
If you are at HITEC, be sure to stop by and see us in Booth #2751 to learn how we can help your grow your business while simplifying operations.